Friday, August 7, 2009

Day at the Farm

Today I took Cate to a farmland that has a lot of farm animals that you can feed and pet. It was like a giant petting zoo. They had lots of different types of goats, sheep, cows, and birds. Cate was in animal heaven. As soon as we walked in she starting saying "feed, feed, feed". She thought feeding them was so much fun. We were there for 3 hours and it didn't feel like that long. The place was an hour and 15 minutes away so I was waiting for a day where I felt like making the trip and I knew the weather was going to be nice. Overall the day was perfect. We even went on a hay ride around the farm where we got to see some of the bigger animals.

Here is a picture of Cate walking with one of the baby goats

Here is Cate feeding some calves. She wasn't afraid of them at all and she loved to pet them too.

In one of the areas they had a place that had about 7 "cozy coops" that kids could drive or push around. Cate ended up being the only kid in the area and she kept getting in and out of all the cars. We were playing with the cars for about a half hour.

Here is a video clip of Cate feeding the animals.

Here is a picture of the growing belly. I am 20 weeks pregnant today. I can't believe I am at the half way point already.

Cate saw me posing for a belly picture and she kept asking Eric to take one of her. So here is Cate's belly picture.

This evening Cate decided that she wanted to twirl in the kitchen. She loved it so much and got soooo dizzy. She just kept on twirling and twirling and twirling. I had to stop the video because I was afraid that she was going to fall and hit her head.

2 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

Oh what wonderful pictures and videos.
Maybe Cate will be a vet.

Aunt Pat said...

You are such a good mom, taking Cate to experience so many things. thanks for the pictures!