Monday, June 14, 2010

What we have been up to...

I feel like we have been very busy lately. Between taking care of the kids, work, and life, time seems to be flying by. The kids seem like they are growing up so fast. Cate is the sweetest little girl. She makes us laugh all of the time. I love playing and talking with her. The things that she comes up with to say and do are so funny. Ashton is going to be 6 months old next week and his personality is really starting to show. He is pretty easy going as far as other people holding him. That has been really nice for me because Cate was a Momma's girl and cried when other people would hold her. Ashton is a great sitter now and is loving his new perspective. He loves to watch Cate play and can't wait until he can play with her. I don't think that it will be long until he starts crawling. He is a great little boy.

Here is a picture of Cate being silly with her raspberries:

When Cate was a baby it took us forever to be able to get her to use a sippy cup. Any time we tried to have her drink out of one she would cry and cry. So today I was thinking that I better try to start a cup with Ashton. I was nervous that he would flip out. So I filled one up and gave it to him and to my surprise he just started drinking out of it. Here is a picture of him holding his own cup:

Cate decided to be "Mommy" today, so she put on my shoes. She walked around and told me what we were going to do today and then asked me what I wanted her to make for dinner. If only she could really make dinner!

Cate and Ashton sitting in the family room:

A few months ago Eric and discovered that there was a new bike path that had just been paved right by our house. It starts one block from our house and goes straight to a park that we used to drive to. It has been great having such a nice path right by our house.

Ashton loves to swing at the park.

I can't believe how big Cate is getting. She is swinging on the big kid swings and is trying to learn to pump her legs.

3 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Wonderful update! Ashton is full of surprises, isn't he. And Cate will be making dinner before you know it!

Jenn said...

I love those pictures. Ashton is getting so big. I am glad that he is taking to the sippy cup. I remember you struggling with that with Cate. We miss you!

Grandma Schmidt said...

Great pictures - can't wait to skype- August is too far away