Friday, January 28, 2011

Arizona Trip

Eric had a business trip in Scottsdale AZ this last week, so he asked me if I wanted to tag along and have a little trip for myself.  I had such a wonderful time!  I didn't really do much except for work out, read, and walk around town.  It was so relaxing.  Eric was busy with work most of the time so I had a lot of free time.  It was amazing not having to worry about anyone else.  While we were gone family tag teamed watching the kids.  First Aunt Pat came over, then Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt watched them for a couple days, and then Grammy and Grandpa Rlowe watched the kids for a few days.  It is great being back in Colorado so that we have the family support!

Here are some pictures of the kids from the few days before we left for our trip:

The kids love to get out the tupperware and play with it in the kitchen

Ashton probably wished there was some cookie dough on the beater 

What a beautiful little face!

Cate wanted to do "Arts and Crafts".  So we made a bunch of Valentine's

Ashton wasn't too happy that he couldn't do everything that his big sister was doing

My parents took Ashton to his "My Gym" class while Cate was at preschool


My dad with the kids at the park by our house

Modeling the new outfits that Grammy got them.  They are looking so grown up!


Here are a few pictures that I took while in Arizona:
A picture of the beautiful Westin hotel that we stayed at in Scottsdale

View of the golf course from the back of the hotel.  I spent quite a bit of time reading my book here.  At night a bagpipe player played right up until the sunset.  It was beautiful.

Sitting at the fire pit at the back of the hotel, reading my book, and listening to the bagpipe player.  SOOO relaxing!



Ashton playing near our house.  The weather has been so nice since we got back from AZ.  

3 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

great pictures. I wish I had my camera with me for the time I was with the kids.

Grandma Schmidt said...

we had a good time - a dry run for when you go to Singapore

Jenn said...

The kids are getting so big. Ashton looks like a kid, not a baby. I'm glad you got some "me" time. Every mother needs that.