While Eric was out of town this week here is some of the fun that I came up with:
Jumping into a pit of pillows
Ashton's turn
obstacle course with tunnels and bridges
We also made these lollipop cookies
On Thursday afternoon we took the kids to see The Muppets
Ashton sat still for a little while but then he got a bit squirmy and we had to walk him around the theatre
On Friday night we went to the Botanical Gardens at Chatfield to see all of the Christmas lights
It was quite cold but the kids had a good time and the lights were beautiful
Today (Christmas Eve) we took the kids tubing in our neighborhood:
Eric and I took turns pulling the kids up the hill with a rope and then sending them down. They loved it!
I took a turn going down the hill too
Eric decided to go down a bigger hill on the tube
Ashton loves playing in the snow
Eric taking his turn pulling the kids up the hill
Here is a video of the kids tubing:
The girls in front of the Christmas tree
The boys in front of the Christmas tree
A tradition that we have with our kids is to give them new pajamas on Christmas Eve. Here they are opening their new PJs.
Another tradition that we have is to watch old home movies on Christmas Eve. Here are the kids in their new pajamas watching the videos. (I can now see how badly our window needs to be cleaned)
Cate and Ashton ran upstairs for bedtime because they are so excited for Santa to come. I read them both stories together in Cate's room before putting them both to bed.
We have had such a wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have such a great family.
1 comment:
you are amazing parents
Post a Comment