Friday I took Cate to the pet store for something to do. She loved watching the birds flying around the cage. It is like "Where's Waldo" looking for Cate in the picture.
On Friday evening Cate wasn't feeling too well so we all sat down and watched "Finding Nemo" together. It was the first time that Cate sat through a whole movie.
The weekend was rainy so we just ran some errands and played inside. Also my friend Lindsey that I knew from when I lived out East when I was a kid. She was in my wedding and then over the past couple years we have lost touch. Last month Eric tracked her down and invited her over for a visit. She came over Saturday night and it was so great to catch up with her. She lives about 45 minutes away so hopefully we will be able to get together more often. Here is a picture of the new coat that Lindsey got for Cate. She had the biggest smile on her face as soon as she put it on.
On Monday I met a couple of my co-workers and their daughters, who are Cate's age, at a park that I hadn't been to before. It was a toddler park that had a bunch of toys that people had donated to the park. There were a bunch of slides, mini shopping carts, little kitchens, swings, etc. Cate had such a blast at the park and she loved playing with Abagail and Paige. It was a lot of fun.
On Wednesday the weather was beautiful so Cate and I walked to the park. There was another little girl there that Cate had fun chasing around the park.
4 comments:
I'm glad Cate is feeling better, and thrilled that you reunited with your friend.
We were at that park! I love it when i can recognize places.
Hope Cate is all better by now.
When I first looked at that pet store picture, I thought Cate was burried in the sand up to her neck :) It sounds like you are hanging out with some other people with kids. That's great- it make a new place feel more like home. We should make a phone date soon. I miss you all so much!
Can't wait to see you all again soon!
Post a Comment