Here are some pictures of us with the kids:
 |
| We went to the store to get a few things and this is where Ashton decided that he wanted to ride. So we decided to let him do it and it was all fun until he got his finger stuck in the cart. He was fine but we decided not to make this a habit. |
 |
| Cate and Ashton coloring together with chalk on our driveway. |
 |
| Ashton is really getting big. His language skills have really increased and he is turning in to a little kid. |
 |
| We decided since the weather wasn't very good today that we would carve pumpkins. Cate and Ashton were both very excited to do it. |
Here is a rundown of how the pumpkin carving went:
1. Excitement from the kids
2. Eric and I cut off the tops so that the kids could scoop out the pumpkins
3. Ashton got upset that we cut the pumpkin and refused to participate in the pumpkin carving. He threw a screaming fit that lasted for about 5 solid minutes and then continued to wander around whining.
4. Cate looked in the pumpkin and decided that she thought it was "yucky" and that she would "let" me do it.
5. Eric and I proceeded to carve the pumpkins while Ashton was screaming and Cate was asking me when we were going to make cupcakes.
 |
| Luckily Cate liked the way they turned out. Eric's is on the left and mine is on the right. This is what happens when you have a screaming child and a daughter who is no longer interested in the pumpkin. I have to say that we had better plans for the pumpkins before we started. |
 |
| Eric took Ashton outside to see if he could stop his temper tantrum. While they were outside Cate and I made pumpkin cupcakes. She wanted me to post this picture so that everyone could see the cupcakes even though they won't get to eat them. |
 |
| After we finished the cupcakes Cate and I went outside to see what the boys were up to. Eric built this snow man for the kids. (Yes it snowed enough for a snow man) |
 |
| This is a picture of Ashton flying down the driveway on his tricycle. He goes so fast! |
 |
| Cate decided that she wanted to make a kid snow man and here she is posing with her snow man. |
 |
| I just like this picture. They look like they are thinking very hard about what to do next. (Yes Ashton is wearing Cate's gloves and she is wearing his. He loves her stuff) |
On a separate note, here are some pictures of us from my cousin Emily's wedding in Park City Utah a few weeks ago. I think we clean up pretty well.
 |
| Eric and I at the wedding |
 |
| My sister came in from California from the wedding and Quentin drove over from Steamboat. It was great to have the whole family together. |
2 comments:
Nothing seems to go as planned with kids does it?
Eric I think your pumpkin has some lip issues...
I can't believe it snowed that much. Elyse is going to want to fly to CO right away :)
Miss you guys.
Great pictures. Sounds like a good day, and hopefully, all slept well last night!
Post a Comment