Monday, January 26, 2009

Sick kiddo

I haven't posted in awhile because Cate has been very sick. She had a really bad cold for about a week and just when she seemed to be getting better she caught a stomach bug. She was throwing up and had diarrhea for about 36 hours. She wasn't able to keep any food or liquids down. Saturday night Eric and I stayed up late with her on the couch because she was so sick. She continued to be sick on Sunday so we called the doctor and he told us to start giving her pedialyte. We had to give her 1 teaspoon per minute for an hour. She was a real trooper and kept it all down. We were starting to get worried about her being dehydrated though so later that night we gave her some jello (one of great Grandma Myriel's ideas). She loved the jello and kept everything down. She is doing a little better today. We will have to wait and see. Needless to say Eric and I are very tired and hopeful that she will continue to get better.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am so sorry for you and Catherine. Taking care of a sick kid is tough. I hope she gets better soon.