Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Festival

Yesterday Eric and I took Cate to a pumpkin festival that was 2 minutes from our house. They have a "weigh off" to see who has the biggest pumpkin. There were a lot of huge pumpkins that people brought to the festival to have weighed. I think the winning pumpkin was around 1400 pounds! There was also a zucchini contest to see who had the longest one. I included a picture of all the long zucchinis. They also had a little kid pumpkin patch that had all the characters from Charlie Brown. Cate loved the little pumpkin patch because she could pick up all the pumpkins. There are festivals like this going on all the time in our area and it is fun to check them out each weekend. That is something that is nice about living out here.







I had to include this picture of Cate in her fairy outfit. She puts it on and twirls around in the kitchen. Maybe she will be a ballerina.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

oh, the fun of fall...

Grandma Schmidt said...

Wow I have never seen such skinny tall zucchini. The festival looked like fun. maybe there will be something going on when we come in november

Aunt Pat said...

Very "New England-ish"..Cate gets cuter with every post.