Monday, December 21, 2009

Welcome Ashton Richard

On Friday at noon my sister Steph arrived to help out with Cate when I went into labor. Right on cue I started having contractions that night. The baby was just waiting to have his Aunt Steph here. At 1:30 am I woke Eric up and told him that we needed to go to the hospital. When we got to the hospital they told us that it was a very busy night and to wait in the lobby. An hour later they called us in to see a doctor. At that point I was already 7cm dilated. So luckily that got us a bed upstairs on the labor floor. After we got upstairs everything went very smoothly and at 7:47 am on December 19th Ashton Richard came in to the world. He weighed in at 8lb 5oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. He is a very sweet baby. We were able to bring him home today and we are all very happy to be home.




Cate was very excited to meet her new baby brother. For the last few weeks she had been asking me for a baby brother, so she really lucked out. When we brought him in the house she said, "Hi baby Ashton, I eat lunch now" She asked to hold him after she had her lunch and when I put him in her arms she said "he is heavy" , then she gave him a big kiss. She seems to like him so far : )

4 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Wonderful Christmas present to you all!!

Grandma Schmidt said...

Great pictures

Jenn said...

So excited for you!

Lindsey Sheehan said...

What a perfect Christmas gift...he is perfect!